The Church in the Westlands - Coronavirus Update
Note: If you also have difficulty playing this without interruption , and you have another device you can try accessing them on it may be worth trying that instead
Alternatively... it may help to press pause to enable the whole of the file to do download on your device; and then when this is complete, press play – which may then play the whole thing without interruption
Some suggestions for additional hymns & songs on a good Friday theme to play before, during, or after the service:
There is a green hill far away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgcypzhIIjA
Consider Christ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w27Vj7_sbkE
O to see the dawn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPFv-ywTY-c
I will offer up my life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQkzHwz2eLE
And if you might enjoy a thought-provoking video on the theme, there’s https://gochattervideos.com/what-is-love/
Regrettably, following national Church advice on Covid-19, all regular services and activities have been cancelled until further notice, and the church building is closed.
As well as making alternative forms of worship available online we are also aiming to help those who are isolated or in practical need at this difficult time - do get in touch me (Andrew Dawswell, vicar on 01782 619594 or
- If you have been accessing our worship videos for adults or children, or simply looking at our website or facebook page, welcome! Perhaps you find church on line easier to try out than a physical building, perhaps these extraordinary times have triggered something spiritually inside you, perhaps you would appreciate linking with a Christian community. If, for whatever reason, you would appreciate some human contact with our church, or have a question, then again please do contact me (Andrew Dawswell, vicar on email@example.com or 01782 619594 )
- We are communicating with our regular members by email. If we not already have your email address and you would like to be included in this, do email Andrew with it. Our Church in the Westlands facebook page may also be of interest
- Even though our meetings together may not happen, each Christian believer thankfully has direct access to the Lord in prayer. Can we encourage you to pray for the current crisis? If some written prayers would help to guide you, they can be found here & here
- Naomi our Children and Families worker is providing activities, videos and links online to help children and families connect together and to God through this time.
You can keep updated on our facebook page for young families we have contact with, or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For those seeking alternative forms of worship, please try these links:
Order of service
Church of England Prayer for the Day
Sermons from the Westlands
Sermons from elsewhere
United Christian Broadcasters (UCB) resources for bible study In addition they are planning to broadcast some church livestreams, which will launch from the UCB Facebook page
- Funerals are still possible - albeit on an extremely small scale, and you're welcome to begin discussions with us about arranging a wedding or baptism at some point in the future - contact the vicar on 01782 619594
The Church In The Westlands
Welcome to The Church in the Westlands website - with a very warm invitation to join us for worship or for any of our activities. If you are new to the area or want to learn more about what our churches offer then there is a "Welcome Pack" available. Just get in touch with one of the ministers via the Contact Us page who will provide you with one.
The Church in the Westlands is an ecumenical partnership between St Peter's Church (Methodist) and St Andrew's Church (Anglican). As a partnership, we are committed in the power of the Holy Spirit that our worship, service and witness will demonstrate to everyone the love of Jesus Christ.
We are situated in the suburban area of the Westlands in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, UK- our buildings being sited on the north and west sides of the square at the centre of the Westlands (on Pilkington Avenue ST5 3RE).
Most people who are wanting to know more just drop in at one of our regular worship services. We also regularly run a 7-week enquirers' course called Identity
Details of all our activities, including a wide range of groups both for adults and for children & young people can be found in the 'Groups and Organisations' and 'youth and children's work' sections.